UX Designer skilled in accessible and pleasant design, product strategy, and cross-team collaboration. Translates complex systems and ideas into beautiful and engaging experiences. Strong user-advocate skilled in bridging communication between stakeholders, developers, and their users.
SKILLS AND METHODS
- UX Design
- Style Guide Development
- Product Strategy
- Product Architecture
- Journey Mapping
- Persona Development
- Usability Testing
- User Research
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Office Suite
- HTML and CSS
Jul 2019-Nov 2022
Experience Team, Research and Development–Shmoop University, Lehi, UT
- Redesigned the student Test Prep tool, leading to a CSAT increase from 1.8 to 4.3 in three months.
- Developed and designed an SEL tool (Heartbeat) which allowed students to explore their own context and find solutions without being placed into prescriptive boxes.
- Redesigned the master style guide for the entire Shmoop digital properties, bringing improvements to aesthetics, accessibility, and information architecture.
March 2017-May 2019
Digital Customer Experience–ThomasArts, Farmington, UT
- Developed user-centered designs and Prototypes. Recruited participants and ran Usability Tests.
- Trained the company in creating positive user experiences by understanding users and testing solutions. Increased insight-driven design by promoting and running Usability Testing.
- Led mapping exercises to understand high-level experiences, creating User Flows, Site Maps, & other types of Experience Maps. Included user motivations and reactions (gathered from research).
UX Researcher & Designer
August 2014-March 2017
Digital Marketing and Research Services. – LDS Church, Salt Lake City, UT
- Developed UX solutions through user attitudinal and behavioral research. (100+ surveys, 10+ heuristic evaluations, 80+ usability tests/interviews, 10+ focus groups, etc.)
- Increased empathy and understanding of users when presenting findings to developers, UI/UX designers, project managers, and other key stakeholders.
August 2013-May 2015
Publishing Service Dept. – LDS Church, Salt Lake City, UT
- Gathered site analytics (including mouse-movement, scrolling, and attention heat maps) to improve the UX design of LDS.org and its various subsites (Temples, Scriptures, Addiction Recovery Program, LDS.jobs, etc.).
Web Content Writer/Editor
October 2012-August 2013
Welfare Dept. – LDS Church, Salt Lake City, UT
- Conducted user interviews to develop success stories of LDS Employment Services or the Addiction Recovery Program users. Wrote over 30 articles for various sites in total.
Customer Service Rep – Corporation of the Presiding Bishopric – Salt Lake City, UT – Mar 2012-Oct 2012
Customer Service Rep – Connexion Point – Salt Lake City, UT – Oct 2011-Mar 2012
Print Depot & Technician – Office Depot – Salt Lake City, UT – May 2010-Jul 2011
University of Utah
Graduation Date: June 2014
BA, English; 3.9 GPA
Writing, UX Design, and User Research