User Experience (UX) Architect & Designer passionate about enhancing the experience of a product. Implements a variety of research methods to understand users, drive user-centered design, and improve content. Strong user-advocate skilled in bridging communication between stakeholders, designers, developers and their users.
SKILLS AND METHODS
- Personas & Journey Maps
- UX Design (Wireframes, prototypes, & mockups)
- Usability testing
- Interviews & Focus Groups
- Survey Writing & Data Analysis
- Information Architecture
- Heuristic Evaluations
- Competitive analysis
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Optimal Workshop
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic HTML and CSS
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Web Analytics
March 2017-May 2019
Strategy & Ideation – ThomasArts, Farmington, UT
- Ran company-wide trainings on creating positive user experiences by understanding users and testing solutions. Increased insight-driven design by promoting and running Usability Testing.
- Led mapping exercises to understand high-level experiences, creating User Flows, Site Maps, & other types of Experience Maps. Included user motivations and reactions (gathered from research).
- Developed user-centered Wireframes, collaborated with graphic designers on Mockups, and built Prototypes. Recruited participants and ran Usability Tests.
User Experience (UX) Researcher & Designer
August 2014-March 2017
Digital Marketing and Research Services. – LDS Church, Salt Lake City, UT
- Offered insight-driven solutions by evaluating users’ behavior and attitudes with digital products through a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods. (100+ surveys, 10+ heuristic evaluations, 40+ usability tests/interviews, 10+ focus groups, personas, journey maps, site maps, etc.)
- Increased empathy and understanding of users when presenting findings to developers, UI/UX designers, project managers, and other key stakeholders.
- Optimized workflow by moving participant panels to the cloud (10,000+ members) and by creating templates, process documents, and style guides.
Web Publisher (on-call)
August 2013-May 2015
Publishing Service Dept. – LDS Church, Salt Lake City, UT
- Gathered site analytics (including mouse-movement, scrolling, and attention heat maps) to improve the UX design of LDS.org and its various subsites (Temples, Scriptures, Addiction Recovery Program, LDS.jobs, etc.).
Web Content Writer/Editor (Intern)
October 2012-August 2013
Welfare Dept. – LDS Church, Salt Lake City, UT
- Conducted user interviews to develop success stories of LDS Employment Services or the Addiction Recovery Program users. Wrote over 30 articles for various sites in total.
Customer Service Rep – Corporation of the Presiding Bishopric – Salt Lake City, UT – Mar 2012-Oct 2012
Customer Service Rep – Connexion Point – Salt Lake City, UT – Oct 2011-Mar 2012
Print Depot & Technician – Office Depot – Salt Lake City, UT – May 2010-Jul 2011
University of Utah
Graduation Date: June 2014
BA, English; 3.85 GPA
Grammar, Communication, Web Design, and User Experience Research.