VSP (UX Research, UX Design)

Project 1: VSPdirect.com Shopping Experience

Scope

VSP, a vision insurance company, needed a website update and experience improvements. Many issues had crept into the site design, and the plan selection and checkout processes were clunky and disorienting.

Contribution

I worked as a UX researcher and UX Architect, helping with site strategy and design, information architecture, and usability testing. I helped iterate and develop wireframes and UI design for the Plan Finder and the Application Process.

Process

When I began my work on vspdirect.com, other designers before me had already started laying the groundwork. I worked in their existing design framework to develop new components and pages as well as updates to older components and pages.

I ran many sessions of usability testing to discover what problems existed with the overall shopping experience. I also analyzed heat maps and dcreen recordings of user behavior.

I developed wireframes for the revised mock-ups of the checkout process, and collaborated with another designer on the plans page mock-ups. The end result is a much smoother, user-centered design.

Since multiple designers worked on the site, I also helped to establish a common design hierarchy, focusing on consistency and Atomic Design philosophy.

Link

https://www.vspdirect.com/

  • High fidelity mockups
  • Usability testing
  • Requirements document
  • Heatmap Analysis
  • True Intent Survey

Project 2: Group Education Site

Scope

VSP needed an improved experience for educating potential Group Insurance members on the benefits of enrolling in VSP vision care. The site, in its condition, was bloated with content, confusing, and had no clear primary CTA.

Contribution

I worked as a UX architect and UX researcher. I contributed to strategy, content audits, information architecture, wireframing, prototyping, and usability testing. I collaborated with graphic designers to develop high fidelity mockups.

Process

We began with an overview of the current site content and an analysis of the analytics. Few users made it to the how to enroll page, which stakeholders identified as the most important page. The content was a mixture of low and high quality. Since the site was supposed to be educational, we defined what users needed to learn and what order they should learn it in.

I developed a user flow to show how all content, instead of leading out in random directions, should all lead to the how to enroll page. Each video, infographic, and quiz would contain a CTA to the how to enroll page.

I then worked on wireframes and a low Fidelity prototype that would, unlike the old site, clearly identify what sort of content a user was about to consume. Now the site is much easier to understand, answers the users’ questions, and leads to a common CTA.

Link

https://www.seemuchmore.com/

  • User Flow
  • Wireframes
  • Mockups

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s